Thoughts On Life...

9:03 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Some days I wish I were a dinosaur
No hair to dry and straighten
Or wash and curl
Or endlessly re-dye.

I could be a Longneck
And see the world from soaring heights
My head permanently in the clouds.
I would travel endlessly
From tree to tree
Until I ended up in a new world,
But it wouldn't be so new.
The same faces would surround me
And I'd be happy with my herd.

Or I could be a triceratops
With great horns protruding from my face,
Pretending to be some great big brute,
But everyone would know that it was just a hoax.
"All bark and no bite," They'd say.

Did you know that Triceratops were loners?
I always thought they lived in families,
But just now, I learned they didn't.
The book says "it's a commonly mistrowed fact."
Triceratops skeletons have never been found together.

I think I would rather be a Triceratops
Than a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
And I'd rather be a Longneck
Than a Triceratops.

But if I had my choice,
If I could go back
60, 70, 80 million years - whatever
I think I'd like to be a
Stegosaurus.

Awkward, yet beautiful.
Powerful, but kind.
A misfit.

And I'd always have my spikes,
Perfectly done up.

- Dinosaur Sounds Are Fun.
Keep it real.
xo.

0 comments: