A Dream Deferred

10:22 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Sometimes you really can just dream too big. sometimes dreams requires something you don't have, can't have, never will. for me, I think that's money, though I'm no longer sure.

money, time. so often they're equated. maybe they are here.

I think I've dreamt to big. Walking on pavement that isn't really there. Ice that never really hardened. You just fall through. Watch yourself drown. Choke on the inevitability.

I wonder if that's what I'm doing. Hanging by a thread so desperately to something that will in all likelihood never happen. I don't know. It's all very depressing. A dream deferred...doesn't dry up or explode, it walks behind you. The shadow you never could touch. The ghost you never could see. Yet you know its there. Right behind you. Haunting. Monster isn't the right word, but it's the first one that comes to mind.

But I don't know. Everyone should get their miracle, shouldn't they?
A little ray of sunshine.
A beam of hope.

This world is translucent. I have to go fill it in.

0 comments: