"Rafting"

1:24 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
I totally forgot that on my day off this week I went "rafting." Trust me, the quotation marks are mandatory. The reason? Well, it was more of a scenic boat float trip then anything else but it was awesome. It was Nina, Ashlee, and myself who went up to Cooper Landing for the trip. Well worth it too.

The drive was, as always, spectacular. We travelled down part of the Sterling Highway which was very scenic and very lovely. When we got to the rafting place,got situated in life jackets and then pretty much just got in the boat and left.

We were joking with our guide, Rocky, the entire time because we were also guides and we knew how this thing went. One thing inevitably led to another and somehow we ended up stopping for beers mid-rafts. Really, it made the trip. We floated down the river, took pictures, and had a great time. Somehow, even though we weren't doing anything, we were exhausted by the time it was over.

The only bad thing? I left my rain pants! Now I have to figure out how to get back to Cooper Landing to get my pants back. Oops. Oh and what had I been saying about it not raining a whole lot earlier? Well, I seemed to cast my fate right then. Now it's a total downpour... whoops!

0 comments: