Behind the Sea, With The Sun

12:04 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
The sun's chased the moon away. Today I'm swimming in my own skin and I've never felt this close to drowning and blowing it all up big. It's strange how the things you miss are so simple. The welcome home. The goodbye, have a nice day. The call to see where you are.

You're supposed to leave the nest but who knew it would be so hard? I guess it takes a lot of falling before you fly. Last night I sat on a picnic bench to stare at the gray gray sky.

Somedays your the man holding the knife, other days your the man with his hands up. I walk around rhyming in my head. No steel attached to my belt, no lead. Just hands in the air crying "peace! peace! peace!" I want people to stop hurting and feel the love that blankets them like sunbeams after a rainy day out in the wind.

I walked with the sun last night and saw her til she came around and showed her lovely morning reds. Behind the sea she lurks when no ones watching. She saw the scared look that came across my face and the way I shook in the night off the ocean's afternoon reflection.

Walk up the hill. Cool Off. Walk down the hill. Cool Down. When you get all shaken up it takes a good friend and a good dog to get you back in your senses. It's strange to think there are people in this world with only vilence on their mind. Conflict resolution should be ranked higher on the "to teach" list apparently.

Words are swords in their own right and you can swing them as fast as your tongue can spit. Hiss. Hurl. Words hurt, but steel hurts too.

This morning as dawn gently crawled through the window trying not to wake me, I realized how much I care about what people think and how it shouldn't matter. Lately, I've been wondering where the urge to want people to like you comes from. I'm not a weak person, yet I'm terribly sensitive.

Toughen up.

Colors float across the sky like a spilled water color. The other night I found myself awake in one of Walker's paintings trying to escape. Strangley headed creatures would not let me escape their grasp.

Last night lessons were learned and lines were drawn. It was clear who the real family was and who it wasn't. In the end we boiled the ocean and burnt the field and ate everything we could get our hands on: halibut, dungeoness, asparagus, corn, baked beans, baked potatoes, onions, grilled bananas, sheeshaw. Our moods were red helium balloons let go on a bright summer day in the city. Our stomachs were anchors nailed to the ocean floor. We swayed.

Slept inbetween worlds last night. Not at home, but not-not at home. The hotel is a strange place to find yourself wandering at night. Be wary of spooks.

XO

0 comments: