In this life...

9:04 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
- Fade in -

In the moonlight, I would swear you were an angel with a halo made of stars. Still, you don't even know who you are. [ And that's what makes you beautiful.] Sweet sweet sweet love of mine. You've got that magic spark. Oh sweet love of mine, so divine.

***
Words are falling from my lips the way the rain has been falling from the sky. Steady hazardous downpour. Don't catch pneumonia. Don't turn that pasty white color we're all too weary of.

There are a million names I"ve been calling myself these days and all of them start with beautiful. Last night I felt like a stegasourous in the ice age. So out of place you could see me growing extinct. You could see what's left of me sixty-five million years into the future. I froze so competely. Just bones. Bones and bones and bones. I wonder what the archeologists will say when they excavate me carefully dusting around my bones. Trying to presevere my remains. Even that's an awkward process...

***

I feel like a sunset exploding. Yes, I know that doesn't make sense but still that's how I feel. Calm beauty exploding into gorgeousness. I dance the dance I need to dance but add my own moves. [the waltz has never looked so jazzy, so new-age, so sauve.]

They say you can't go home. But I'm not so sure what the hell that even means anymore. You can have a million homes. Home is where you're heart is, and mine has never been so decidedly pinned down. Every day is a new game of pin your wings down. Every night is another chance to take off and fly. Someday I'll wake up and realize I have best friends everywhere. All the world is a friend you just haven't met yet.

When you stray out far from your roots like that windy vines wrapping itself upward and away from its origin, you learn that all the people at home, even the ones you didn't know are family, and you learn that all the people here, the ones that you just met and take you in are family too.

lovely lovely lovely
little life of mine.

- Fade out -

1 comments:

John said...

First off, please don't get sick again!

Secondly, I like the way you describe 'home'. I remember trying to help one of my friends deal with being away from her parents and family for the holidays and I wish I'd had this paragraph to use.