Friends.

6:08 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
The chaos of being home is amazing. Rope swing jumps at two a.m. Summer has never felt so alive as in the midst of lightening bolts and fireflies. The world will fall apart and put itself back together in a matter of minutes.

Ghosts are the conversations you have in the woods when no one else is walking. Ruminations on so many people, places, things. Don't fear the dark. There's nothing there we can't handle. The way people change is fascinating. The way you measure your change by other people and how they have or have not changed. The way you measure you by what used to scare you and what doesn't.

There are sharks in the water, but you still gotta breathe deep and dive...

The last few days have blurred together with surprising easy. Cape Cod summers are fast. Night and day shift so quickly - always something new to call your attention.

On Wednesday old friends were surprised. I was surprised - their reactions, my own reactions to certain people. The way things changes and things don't change... That ever repeating cycle. Yes. no. Yes no. Yes. no... (rain, shine.)

The way the water is a million degrees is frightening. I could live with the salt on my lips, the wind on my face, and that vast endless blue stretching before me for a billion sunrises and sunsets.

The way I know what I know before you know it, terrifies us.

The only thing missing on days down at the water is the smell of wet fur and hosing down that shining face so grateful for all those thrown sticks or balls or whatever it is you have, you think this is all you need.

Ocean. Sky. Boat. Friends. Dog.

***
I want to wake you like a sunrise
Blow stars into your eyes
So you can see galaxies every time you awaken
(I hope you are shaking with love of life)
***

1 comments:

john said...

put a smile on my face