250

9:33 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
[this is my 250th post]

When the end comes does it crash like cymbols, loud and echoing? Or does is simply meander away when you aren't looking? Does it stalk off pissed off at the way things went or does it come on gradual, like the end of the day, slow -- the way you boil a frog.

Draw me a picture of the beginning. Time before time. Tomorrow. The next day. What colors should I use to scribble my dreams?

I feel as if I'm leading a hundred different lives.

Yesterday I held hands with the past. We walked the streets in ways we never had, talked of things we'd never talked about, and lived a way we'd never lived before. It was the strangest feeling. The weirdest was not feeling sad at goodbye because you are simply happy to have had an opportunity to say hello. Who knows when we'll see each other again? Remember when all that separated us was cloth walls and a couple feet?

I miss tent sleep overs and cooking ever meal over a fire. I miss writing by the ocean and having a huge whale blow of some steam only ten yards away. I miss the way the sun never set. The way the fireweed was always in full bloom. But mostly I miss how completely free I was from everything: rules, parents, society, television, movies.

Life unencumbered.

Tomorrow I'm back in the fray.

And somehow, things have changed. I woke up a different person today. Shed a layer of my self and revealed new colors.

I am invincible.

And here are the things I'm dreaming and scheming for the next 365 days.

  • Write 1,000 words a day for my book: this does not have to be actual book writing. It could be plot or character development.
  • Run three times a week for a half hour minimum.
  • Delete Facebook.
  • Get off of G chat.
  • Be positive and optimistic / Get rid of that pessimistic outlook.
  • Better tolerance.
  • twenty-five push-ups a day plus one per week.
  • fifty sit-ups a day plus one per week.
  • Play outside.
  • Be modest.
  • Be spontaneous.
  • Make a plan and then stick to it AKA don't back out last minute.
  • Be deciesive AKA make decisions AKA don't be indeciesive.
  • Do good.
  • Be less sensitive AKA learn to take a joke


0 comments: