Music.

11:46 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
I consider "Walking By" (something corporate) to be my favorite song:

So why do you leave these stories unfinished,
my Cheshire cat doorstop with tears in your eyes.
And why do you look when youve already found it?
And what did you find that would leave you walking by?

I tend to like songs that I can relate to lyrically "She Changes Your Mind" (Copeland)

And I'll sing songs
To help me stay up all night long
Cause I don't want to go to sleep
And I'll sing a song
And I hope you're listening carefully
And know exactly what I mean

If someone were ever to describe me with a song, I'd want it to be something by Nickel Creek probably the first verse from "This Side" because I'd love for someone to say this about me:

One day you'll see her and you'll know what I mean.
Take her or leave her, she will still be the same.
She'll not try to buy you with her time.
Nothings the same as you will see when she's gone.

The song I listen most to when I'm sad is "Girlfriend as Pretty as You" by Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers. Followed closely by "Swallowed by the Sea" by Coldplay.

[Cause you belong with me, not swallowed in the sea]

Songs that always make me happy include "bad moon rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, "moondance" by Van Morrison, "Zebra" by John Butler Trio, and "Say Anything Else" by Cartel (weird, I know.)

The song I probably sing the most is "Hey Jude." Usually at least twice a week.

Remember to let her in to your heart,
Then you can start to make it
Better.

The song that still is chalk full of meaning even after so many years is "American Love" by Haste the Day because it was the start of so many different things.

Forgive me,
For running so quickly to the outside.


The song that feels like my life at the moment: "Ten Minutes to Take Off" by Tiger Lou

I feel it here at night
doubling in size
in years to come from now
I'll wonder if its gone

The song I play the most on the guitar: "F-stop blues" by Jack Johnson.

Lift him up to see what you can see, as he begins his focusing,
he’s aiming at you.

The song I wish someone I loved would sing to me: "So you are to me" by Peter Bradley Adams

...As the firelight in the night
So are you to me ...

The song still makes my heart jump: Nelkstar and Ida

Do you want to be alone tonight?

Five songs I think everyone should hear. Not the five best songs. Not really the five anything. Just five songs that you should listen to at some point in your life. They aren't even obscure songs.
1.) Beloved Wife by Natalie Merchant - because it is the best and saddest love song ever.

2.) HoppĂ­polla - Great Composition, great lyrics (it's about jumping in puddles), and Icelandic is a really cool language.
3.) Dive by Andrea Gibson --- because Andrea Gibson is an amazing slam poet and I love the message.
4.) Consolers of the Lonely by the Raconteurs -- because It's fun.
5.) Work Song by Speech Writers LLC -- because they are witty.

The song I listen to the most when I'm angry would be "Alaska" by Between the Buried and Me closely followed by "Selkies: The Endless Obsessioin."


I don't know why I did any of that.
It just seemed like a good idea at the time...










0 comments: