Questions

7:34 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
These days, my biggest fear is a phone call that says the world is over. You know, it'll ring twice, I'll answer and that'll be the end. Static. Silence. The great quiet before the final monumentous outcry. Dead.

That's what they'll say and I won't know what to do. What happens when your home vanishes? What do you do? The odds have been stacked up the other way for far too long. When are the long-shots going to start going in? When are the dreams you want going to come together?

Why does everything fall through when you need it most? What good are plans when you're the only one keeping them? I don't understand why life isn't fair. Why the roll of the dice can destroy a life-long dream. I'm tired of life trying to drown you. What good is a lifejacket in a hurricane?

I don't understand. I just wanted things to work out. For them to go your way for a change. Why is life so hard right now for you? How can we make it better?

I just wanted you to be happy and for your dreams to come true.
I'm so sorry that someone had to go and shatter them.

What good are questions, when no one ever gives you answer?

But you can't give up.
Even if no one's listening, still ask.
We'll pick up the broken pieces and glue them back together.
We'll make life whole again.

0 comments: