"When you can't walk you crawl and when you can't crawl you find someone to carry you..."

5:55 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Animals are beautiful. I can't expand such a thought to make it any more profound.

Have you ever been so paralyzed by depression that when loneliness enters it stops your blood from beating? That's how it was with Sri (my rat). When Brodie died, she stopped living, just sort of stood at the top of her cage watching people go by, refusing to eat or even play. I didn't know what to do so finally I decided to get her some friends. Enter Jamison and Tuck, two baby rats about half her size. Jamison quickly figured out how to crawl to the top tier of the cage where the food was, but tuck couldn't do it. She tried and tried but just couldn't. So she sat on the tube on the middle level of the cage. About a half hour later, after she'd given up, Sri bent down, picked her up by the neck and carried her up so she could eat food.

I don't know. I just think about that and think how wonderfully kind animals are.
Don't eat meat.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

In case you were wondering, the title of this post is a quote from "Firefly." One of the greatest shows I have ever watched.