Augur

5:23 PM Edit This 0 Comments »

There is a whole wide world out there and I don't know where to start. Sometimes, I spell confusion with whatever's handy: Shattered plates across the kitchen floors, old card games thrown out too soon. I was thinking about that time when the world didn't seem quite so scary. Everywhere you go there's another wall being put up, another bomb being dropped. I'm tick-tick-ticking wait for it all to start.

Blah.

In my mind and so far out of it. It's like Whitman said: "Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it / Backward I see in my ownd days where I sweated through fod with linguits and contenders / I have no mocking or arguments, I witness and wait." (Song Of Myself)

Don't you know the feeling? The warning signs are everywhere, if you only knew how to read them. The cracks in the pavement portend to something bigger. Go grow yourself a better outcome.

I'm tired of the imperfect shot. I'm tired of playing the game half-heartedly. Go big or go home. Isn't that how the say is supposed to go? Well what if I want both.

Somedays I'm drowning. Other days, I'm swimming in sand.

0 comments: