No Falling!

8:58 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
It's about 1:00 am and we just got back from a 9.5 mile run with most of the yearlings. We did it in about 56 minutes with two stops. Great fun. The best part was it was my first run on the double-sled where I didn't fall! I felt really comfortable on the sled and finally learned when to use which break and how to adjust during different levels of turning. After a certain point, it sort of becomes a fluid motion. I'm not sure why I didn't get the hang of it at first but it may have something to do with the fact that I'd never driven such a large team and that I was tired / adapting to a new living situation. Who knows.

Anyways, tonight was a total success! Tomorrow, I have to drive the big truck (easy) with the dog trailer (hard). Hopefully, I won't have to back it out of the driveway (near-impossible).

I'm currently reading both Little Women and The DaVinci Code...about as polar opposite as they come which is nice because it provides a nice balance. I sort of decided to read Little Woman on a lark because I have a Kindle and its free. I read Dan Brown because Dan Brown writes best-selling novels and I want to write best-selling novels. The book I really want to be reading write now is "The Year of the Flood" by Margaret Atwood but I'll read that next. It's the sequel to Oryx and Crake a tremendously well-wrtten novel that I highly recommend. Basically the novel is about how the world ends. I find I tend to really like those types of novels. The Road. The Giver. Atlas Shrugged -- though I suppose the moral of that story is how we should maintain society.

anyways, it's 1:11 am. This is eleven minutes worth of writing.
With that,
I'm off!

1 comments:

Bob the Accountant said...

I really enjoyed catching up on your dog sledding adventures! Keep posting mine friend and keep chasing the dream!!