10:47 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Not a whole lot has been going on this week. The rain came, so we haven't really been able to take the dogs out much because the trail is icy and rather bare. Perhaps that will change though because we got an inch or two this morning.

I'm looking forward to Saturday -- I'm going to go dress shopping with my sister which means I get to go back to Boston. Funny how you don't realize how much a place means to you until you leave it. It's strange being away from the city although it may just be strange being away from people, particularly friends. In all my traveling that I've done before, I don't think I've ever forsaken social contact to this extent.

I always knew that I was a people person, but I don't think I every realized how much of a socialite I was until now. It's strange. Not being in the hustle and bustle has left me rather agitated. Things that normally don't bother me, irk me to no end.

I can't imagine I'm particularly fun to be with. Still, only so much can be said across a telephone wire, because only so much changes. Days come, days go. I still scoop poop, I try and write, I read -- but loneliness creeps in like some pungent odor wafting in through an open window and turns everything sour. Occasionally the cat saunters in to my room and offers me a reprieve, but, well, that's not the same.

0 comments: