"Singing This Will Be The Day That I Die"

5:51 PM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Life runs in marathons and I'm building up my endurance. Sprint. Run. Sprint. Run. Sometimes the inertia gets going and you find your phone always off the hook, your mind always on the road.

I've been so busy I've been speaking thoughts into machines just so one day they'll get written down. The tape player speaks back to me and I'm surprised its my own voice voicing words that I captured floating out in the air and put down onto a magnetic strip that will play out that will pay out onto paper when I have the time to find a little room to breathe and hold a pen again:

When I open my mouth I want God to flow out.
I want to cry poems when tears drip out
so letters leave ink stains in the tails of their wake.
I've got a novel scrawled across the whole of my face....

I am thinking in movie screen fragments. I can see a thousand generations sprawled across my mind. The grave gets grass grown over and then up goes a tree with leaves greener than those in the Garden of Eden. Our children settle in under for some shade. Leaves fall, thunder storms come in, buds sprout, start it over again.

The circle of life is a record where the music never gets old.
It's time to go do some reading.
I'm out.

0 comments: