"Possible is one of those words that goes funny if you say it too much.” - The Every Boy

2:56 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
It's a Wednesday. You know, Wednesday is either really amazing or really terrible. It's not one of those days that can go either way. Jury's out for now. Had a rough time getting out of bed then forgot my books and went to class. Spent six hours behind a desk penning nickle and dime thoughts. Psychology slipped into boredom...the rest fell like dominoes.

But the clock's still running. Who knows what amazing things will happen next.

Since I got back, I feel like I've been living with my eyes closed. Haven't been this tired for a long time. All I seem to do when I'm awake is dream of being asleep. All I seem to do in bed is stare at the ceiling or at the dark place in the back of my mind. It isn't much of anything but it sure isn't helpful.

"Three weeks and I hadn’t slept. Three weeks without sleep, and everything becomes an out-of-body experience." (Fight Club -- Chuck Palahniuk)
Watched "Supersize Me" in class. Who ever thought food could be that disgusting. The idea of eating anything but fruit or vegtables makes me want to throw up.

So this is what I've read in the past month

  1. The Every Boy - Dana Adam Shapiro [choice book]
  2. Leaves of Grass - Walt Whitman [choice book]
  3. The Purpose Driven Life [choice book]
  4. You Get So Alone Sometimes It Just Makes Sense - Charles Bukowski [choice book, selected sections]
  5. Sifting Through The Maddness For The Word, The Line, The Way - Charles Bukowski [choice book, selected sections]
  6. Psychology Modules 7th Edition
  7. The Odyssey - Homer
  8. The Works of Sappho
  9. The Work os Cattulus
  10. The Bible: Genesis, Job, Song of Songs, Matthew, Luke, and John
  11. The Epic Of Gilgamesh
  12. Antigone - Sophocles
That's a lot of words to have running through your head.

Anyways

Last night, Laura's curtain broke so her closet barred its guts to the rest of the room. Naked. Exposed. The clutter in the closet killed her. Her worry killed me. That laughtrack was on repeat all night... I used to be a neat freak. Now, I'm just too tired to really care. So she opened up my closet and my mess made her feel better. Glad I could help.

I'm picking up my saxophone tomorrow or the next day. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Except I forgot my music books at home. Maybe I'll just pick one up or have them mailed out. This weekend should be pretty amazing.(I hope). Seth, Ben, and Hayley are coming up Saturday night....but I have an away game so I'll have to ditch for a few hours. Oh well. I'm sososososososososo grateful I get to see them to begin with.

Speaking of which

Despite those rainy day eyes this weekend was worth it. Seeing everyone was amazing. It was nice to fall asleep in my own corner of the world. Church was fun too. So good to see Seth. Loved watching him and Noah play. ahhhhhh I miss those days in his basement with Johnny and Ben with the amps turned up so high you could feel the music in you, on you. Or those nights in my living room where they'd grab guitars and jam.
"Sing me something soft / sad and delicate / or loud and out of key, / sing me anything / we're glad for what we've got, / done with what we've lost / Our whole lives laid out right in front of us..." (Existentialism On Prom Night -- Straylight Run)
I have to go to practice now. I'll probably write again tonight. If I remember.

love.love.love.

0 comments: