Snapshot: Point and Click

12:59 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
It's one of those days where the world starts in color and fades to black and white.
It's strange how much color the right people can bring into the world.
And how bland the world seems to go when they depart.

But that was the jumpstart I needed. Or at least a push in the right direction.

All those words you said - Seth, Ben, and Hayley, - and all those guitar strings you played - for awhile, this place felt like home. Because home is where you're heart is, and mine's with you. (I'm tucked just inside your back pocket.)

Everyone says you need to "let go" and "reconnect."
But a tree can't grow if you chop off its roots.
I don't want to reconnect - I want to grow and spread and be glorious.

my pokemon covered laptop will remind me of all the laugh we shared. Hayley-bear of all the smiles. You guys came during my worst week ever and from that rain you made a rainbow. Knowing you all drove that huge blue line that connects me to you made me smile till my jaw hurt. I felt so loved.

It's strange we haven't been friends that long in terms of time, but I feel like I've known you all forever. Thank you for the kick start, the words of wisdom, and the conversations that turned into mumbling as we fell asleep...

I'm not sure what's going to happen with all this college business. Right now I just want a laptop and a fireside. A novel and a hot cup of cocoa. ( I don't do coffee. Addiction isn't my style, so much...) It's been so long since I've written anything substantial...and I think the fire's burning and this time, this time it doesn't seem so forced. The fire's burning, but I don't think it's for college. But we'll see. Rash decisions are stupid. (but they make you feel oh so secure)

I have the best friends in the world; they make me smile like a crazy person.

Or like a little kid on Christmas.

***
I hope your dreaming.
I am.
- The Fancy Kid

0 comments: