ATVing

7:03 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I ended up driving the ATV tonight. It was my second time on the machine with the dogs in front of me. Mostly, you just go straight and try to drive in the best track possible. Not too difficult.

The only hard part is that there is one sharp turn and you have to gas the ATV and swing it really hard. I didn't do so hot this time. I gave too much gas and nearly hit a dog...well not really but it was too close for comfort. Imagine if I had hit little Tessla! She's the smallest dog we have in the kennel but man does she pull hard! She's got a good head on her shoulders and she just keeps pulling and pulling.

It's also fun driving the ATV to and from the trailer to set up. I never would have imagined that I liked that sort of thing but it's sort of wild. The pathetic thing is I'm not even going far (maybe 50 yards...maybe) or even fast. I always did worry too much...

Tomorrow my good friend Dave is coming to visit. We met mushing sometime back at Kevin and Polly's. I really admire there set up. Ciao Ciao.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What always comes across is how much you love each of the dogs imdividually, not merely as a group.