Go, Seek.

6:57 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Guitar strings sing
That sweet last lullaby,
Those words you said,
The thoughts I shouldn't think
But do anyways. Always.

The bass track is gone.
I don't want it back.
It went on too long
Crying out in agony.
A broken pulse.
A dying animal.

Please, end the suffering.

And here I am, again.
Alone with my guitar
Wanting to write love songs
But forgetting where to
place my fingers.

Forgetting exactly
where I misplaced
my heart.

I wrote the poem above in response to a poem someone wrote me.

Remember the notebooks we took?
Telephones to each other's mind
All you had to do was turn the page
There was your thought
Then came mine.
Volleyed thoughts.
Page after page in perfect
synchrony, symmetry.
One after another.
Again.

But all games end,
And you hung up your pen.
My ink left cold to
Flow,
Alone

Then I wrote the above in response to a memory.

0 comments: