In Falling You Fall

2:01 PM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Sometimes you sit in class and talk about something but instead of saying anything you just write down your response. This is sort of what happened. In my poetry workshop rather than telling people what I didn't like or what I thought was running through their head I just sort of doodled my own responses. The rest follows.


Autumnal Descent
Love flowing
Out with
Nowhere to go
Except trampled on the floor.

***

"On Falling Asleep With You"
Spoon me!
Shovel out my thoughts.
Eat them like ice cream then
Rush to fill me back up
(Hurry you don't
Want them to melt!)
The best part is the end.
Always Satisfied.

In class we were talking about spooning and the poem we were reading was about rejection and the one prior to that was also about rejection so I wrote my own REJECT poem and then my own Happy poem.

Then also because I don't know where to put it more slam scraps:

Abraham birthed nations
But you will birth worlds
Spread your wings to the sun
Let your heart unfurl

I want to use some sailing imagery following that as unfurl sort of reminds me of unfurling the sails, the curling of waves...the whole "life is a journey" deal.

You see "cry," I see crystal being formed
You see sin, I see future angels being born


I kind of want some ice cream.
See you.

0 comments: