She Changes Your Mind

10:04 PM Posted In , Edit This 2 Comments »
I should be in bed. The stars are tap tap tapping their shoes above my head. Night is a glorious time. They're dancing me a lullaby that's too beautiful to fall asleep listening to. Have you ever listened to a song so completely that you've wanted to break down into tears. Not because you are sad and not because you are happy either, but because it is just so incredibly beautiful.

Threw on an old record and got so ecstatic; bliss. The way a song slips into your ear and reminds you of someone, something. You can't help but love the fluid of the movement. Air twisting and turning. Smiles bloom like flowers in the springtime. You can't stop the circle of life. The question is, how long can you stay on a high? The question is, does gravity apply to emotions? I'm starting to think I'm on a rocket ship to the moon.

"You Are Still A Ghost To Me"
You used to grin like dolphins do
Call out to me with a playful flick of your arm
Lets dance and we'd twirl about your kitchen
Lost in one of times many eddies.

Hand upon hand, hipbones hugging
The bass lines of our hearts beating
So very close together -- almost
Kissing in synchrony.

Later we'd play that song
You on your guitar and me, softly singing:
It was your hello that kept me hanging on every word
And your goodbye that keeps me listening for your voice around each corner...
The notes skating out on into forever, always.
Until your D string broke and my voice cracked.

We restrung your guitar and made cocoa for my throat
But we never sounded the same after that
That shared harmony forever a little more discordant.


I don't know where that came from.
I feel awesome
XO


2 comments:

Sarah said...

See "She changes your mind" - Copeland

Bob the Accountant said...

"The question is, does gravity apply to emotions?"

I like that thought