Blue Sky Holiday

9:28 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
You know, I have no regrets. Amazing. Spin the record. Rewrite the world. I guess sometimes you aren't supposed to understand why things are the way they are. Or maybe you get so caught up in the future that you forget the moment.

It's like yesterday, I was walking to go get my car and I was so into getting there that I got to it and realized it wasn't even my car. Maybe that's our biggest downfall in life. Focusing so much on what we want we don't realize when we've got it or when we've passed it by. I don't know. Or living solely for the future.

Life isn't about tomorrow, it's about today. I guess I'd forgotten that.

And sometimes the only phone call you allow yourself to make is the wake-up call. I guess I still don't understand, but I don't need to. Like he said. I don't know. He said I didn't understand. He was right. But neither did he. And I guess at the end of the day you just have to look back on everything and be ok with the decisions you made. No excuses, no regrets.

No matter the circumstance, you must always be the best possible person. Because people deserve you're best. You're a good heart, even when it's feeling bad. And really, how does being mean to one another solve anything? I guess all you can do is move forward. Shut off the tape recorder. Quit hitting rewind.

I'm tired of living in between li(v/n)es. Sew the pieces back together. Make me whole.

All you can know about life is the present moment. I've been so entangled in a life that I've forgotten all those words I've read, all those thoughts I had. You don't have to define your life in black and white. Things that matter and things that don't. Because I think it matters, all of it. The good and the bad. The things that made you laugh and made you cry. It's all yours and it's all you.

We all make bad decisions, but more importantly we all have the ability to learn and live despite them. And even if things happen to you that you didn't choose or didn't figure into your plan, it doesn't mean you can shut down. The more you shut down, the more you are letting the world dictate your life. The more you stop living, the more you let others determine how and why you live. You can't define the future because of what's happened in the past. Nothing is permanent and as soon as you scribble down one definition you're going to have to come back and scratch it out to write a new one.

I don't know. I thought a lot travelling from point A to point B. Maybe it isn't until you arrive at your destination that you realize how much a journey has changed you. I guess what I want to say is that I'm alright. I'm a strong capable person full of life and love.

I have my ups and downs, my share of not being able to understand. But I'm learning that you can't let what happens bring you down. Because what happens is just one step forward to that next place. And I can be sad and still be ok
too. You can't define yourself in a single word. Why would you ever want to?

I will always give my heart, my self away...
What's the point in being you unless you can give that away to share with others?
Don't forget the past and don't forget the future but you're place, my place is here and now.

Today is a glorious day.

0 comments: