5:52 AM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
You were black and bright
And then you were burning.
Brilliant shades of brick red, blazing yellows
And shimmery shining boiling blues
That were brewing into one artistic blur
that was once called life


That black brush that bound soul in body
Soundlessly sinks and settles
in the slow syncopation of flame
That fierce fighting faultless flame
that once burned brightly within
Now flawlessly feeds on your soft mortality
Now lawlessly bleeds on your simple perfection
Now fragments bone through sluggish baking


The glaring flaring heat floods
across you far from my face
But I know what it’s doing:
The heat licks and flicks and kicks
all across your body breaking you down
bit by bit, bone by bone,
so that you die all over again.


You were the beacon
The sunny sparkling symbol of hope
the loyal luminous light warming
The cold and the cutting chill of childhood,
illuminating the waves of wonder
that wander the world waiting to be captured.


You were all that is good.


You had been in my arms
Looking and living and loving
Breathing and beating and blinking
Blood pumping and pouring.


You had been in my arms
And I, I didn’t know what to do.
I was scared but you were strong.


It was then that for those brief drawn out moment that
The quilt of time shattered sending shards of life
splicing and soaring through the air.
They sailed by us, each single memory.
And for so long all that we could see was one another
both in and out of time


You watched tears fall furiously
From autumning eyes that followed
Your every heart beat, your every glance.
I mapped them in my memory
traced the trailing outlines with my heart
but that thin and fragile line is failing now
and our lasts moments together slip
and slither out of my straining hands.


Time tepidly took you
As you unwound your last bit of yarn
masterfully making your mark on the world
Letting the quilt come together again:
Leaping threads overlap as life
continues to weave its long unending pattern
Days and weeks are sewn into months and years
but you have left that measured rhythm
in search of another song


You regally rallied a final look.
You weren’t scared.


But still I rewind and unbind the weaving
Searching for the single strand that was you
I pull and tug undoing the rug until the thread
of me is wrapped with the thread of you


Until you sigh your last sweet breath
You stare into my eyes
then time stops for seconds
As we sing our finally harmony together
I smile and the spell is broken:
your soul escapes into the sky.


You had been in my arms
And then my arms were
Holding you and not holding you
But time, life, love - they didn’t stop.

0 comments: