Serenity

9:20 PM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Breath in.



Love starts on the inside and works its way out. It emerges in full color like a sunrise after a hurricane. Bliss. Love is the soul breathing out it's purpose for the world to be known. And I'm learning that the most important type of love isn't limited to a single individual. You don't save it up on rainy days to cash in later for a better model. Love is for everyone and everyone deserves our love.



Love me when I least deserve it because that's when I need it most.
If only everyone could just understand.



"Trippers and askers surround me,
People I meet, the effect upon me of my early life or the ward and city I live in, or the nation,
The latest dates, discoveries, inventions, societies, authors old and new,
My dinner, dress, associates, looks, compliments, dues,
The real or fancied indifference of some man or woman I love,
The sickness of one of my folks or of myself, or ill-doing or loss or lack of money, or depressions or exaltations, Battles, the horrors of fratricidal war, the fever of doubtful news, the fitful events;
These come to me days and nights and go from me again,
But they are not the Me myself."
- Walt Whitman "Song Of Myself"


And all those rumors buzz around like fireflies lighting up my sky, but I'm too busy gazing at the stars. Too filled with love, awe, and wonder. I see them, I'm curious. But in the end, I know what we had mattered to me even if it didn't matter to you. So whether those fireflies are glowing with truth or deception, doesn't really matter. The fact is they're glowing. The fact is, my face has turned to look at something bigger, something more glorious. The fact is that the light of a firefly fades but that the stars never do.

I unpacked the poem he wrote, wrapped in a clockwork orange, wrapped in a memory, wrapped in love. It's strange how you can love a person but realize that the person you are loving is a memory and no longer exists. This new person isn't the man I fell in love with. He's a boy.

And that's ok. Because sometimes the world is too scary to deal with as an adult. Sometimes you need the security blanket and the reassurance of your mother's hand. Life isn't easy. I know that.

The firefly's are swarming.
Even if my tears are glistening in the moonlight, all I can do is smile. Because in the end, all you have is yourself and God and I'm learning each day now how neither one is really separate. He wraps himself around your heart so you can't help but be changed. And never say you did nothing for the world because the greatest miracle in this world is the fact that you are alive and that God is alive within you.

I pray that shooting stars fall near where you're watching and that you reach out and pluck those wishes from the sky because I don't need them. And if I could, I'd save the ones I see in a jar and give them to you next year on your birthday.

The biggest misconception the world feeds you is that unless your life is in perfect order you cannot be happy. You don't need perfection to be happy. You don't need anything at all. Just let go, live in the moment, and smile as big as heaven.

Breath Out.

0 comments: